Valentines in Cambridge

We love nothing more than a cosy little winter getaway in the UK, therefore when Citystay got in touch offering the chance to visit the beautiful city of Cambridge, we jumped at the chance to visit!

Citystay Vesta are in the perfect location, just 2 minutes’ walk from Cambridge Train Station and a further 10 minutes into the Historical city centre. See more: http://bit.ly/2lHwa3i

From the second we booked we were made to feel super welcome. The entire booking process is really personal, which I love! We dealt with Aimee who is Citystay’s Guest Services Co-ordinator. She was incredible from start to finish!

Aimee text in the morning to find out our ETA, which was a nice touch as we knew she would be there to greet us. We ended up getting a little bit lost trying to find the apartment, but Aimee was on hand to get us back on track!

Aimee guided us into the car park, then up to our apartment. She explained how everything worked in detail, showing us the washing machine, cooker, heating, key controls etc plus a little bit about the local area. The location by the station is great, as it means right outside the apartment is a Sainsburys Local, Pret-a-manger and Wasabi, therefore if you did need to grab something quickly, you can do!

Aimee gave us her contact details & left us to explore…Explore being the key word, as the apartment is massive! We had apartment 73, which is a 2-bedroom Vesta apartment. They offer 1,2 or 3 bedroom Vesta apartments too.

First things first….FOOD! You don’t get this kind of welcome in a hotel! It’s so nice to have the essentials in the cupboards to make it feel like home. The welcome pack is completely complimentary. Plus if you are travelling for a special occasion you can request additional items such as wine or chocolates for your arrival. Check out ‘enhance your stay’ on the website. http://bit.ly/2lHwa3i

Also, just a note that the kitchen cupboards are really well equipped with all the cookware you need, making it super easy to cook a big dinner if there are a few of you.

The bathrooms are really well equipped too with huge white fluffy towels & The White Company toiletries. We had a full range of toiletries in each of the bathrooms, we had an ensuite with a shower plus a main bathroom which had a shower over the bath too!

My favourite thing about the bathrooms though is the heated floor….It was freezing this weekend & the under floor heating was amazing & massively appreciated. It was all these little things that make these apartments perfect, I am not surprised they win so many awards!

The entire apartment space felt like home. They have thought of every little detail to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Each bedroom has a TV, Sony Radio, Slippers (My unicorn slippers come everywhere with me, I didn’t need to bring them after all though as they have slippers here!) They even have separate heating controls per bedroom which I thought was pretty nifty. Most importantly though, the beds are ridiculously comfortable. They are so cosy and soft….I could’ve stayed there all day! Another thing to note, they have plug sockets by the bed….Which is something so simple, yet so annoying when there is no plug near to you!

Exploring Cambridge

Something completely unique to Citystay is that when you book with them you can Punt for FREE! Which is such a big benefit.

Citystay work with Scudamore which is Cambridge’s original punting company founded in 1901. You can choose from a selection of self-hire punts, kayaks, canoes and rowboats….All with the compliments of Citystay!

More details here: http://bit.ly/2kZA3R8

Cambridge University:

The best word to describe the different colleges of Cambridge University is MAGICAL…It felt like we were wandering around in a fairy-tale, or in Hogwarts! I was in awe of the students who get to call this home. There are so many passageways, alleyways and doorway’s to explore – I was scared to wander through half of them, although I’m sure I could pass for a student right?! 😉 To know that Hawking, Byron, Newton & Darwin have wandered these exact same paths is something pretty special!

Christ’s College is right in the heart of the city. We were just doing a spot of shopping and stumbled across the beautiful grounds of the college.

Lunch Stop: No Valentines is complete without Crepes right?! We stopped at Benet’s Café which overlooks Kings College, the perfect location for a little afternoon sugar craving!

They do hot food too, along with some of the best cakes and ice cream flavours I have ever seen!

Location: 21 King’s Parade, City Centre, Cambridge CB2 1SP

Here he is….The only photo I managed to get of him all weekend!

What a great weekend for Valentines….We can’t wait to come back again in the summer!

Post in collaboration with Citystay Apartments, Cambridge.

See you soon.

Hannah. x

1. Susan Ball
    April 17, 2017 / 9:58 pm

Great content. Great tips

April 17, 2017 / 9:58 pm

Thank you – It really is a beautiful city! ✨

2. hannah
    January 19, 2018 / 12:22 am

I’ve never been to Cambridge. I like the apartment as it looks great. Looks like you had everything you needed

3. January 19, 2018 / 5:40 pm

Oh we love Cambridge and go quite often! I will have to remember this place. I love that they have plug sockets by the bed!!

4. January 20, 2018 / 7:27 am

I have always wanted to explore Cambridge, it looks like such a beautiful city. Punting looks great fun and the apartment is stunning

5. January 20, 2018 / 6:08 pm

I went to Cambridge years ago. I’ve been to Oxford a few times but would love to go back to Cambridge. The apartment you stayed in looks lovely and spacious. I hope your boyfriend appreciated his treat and has got something romantic planned for next month.

6. January 21, 2018 / 1:45 am

I’ve never been to Cambridge, but it looks like a beautiful city! Gorgeous apartment too, what a great way to celebrate Valentines x

7. Bethany
    January 21, 2018 / 9:25 am

Cambridge is such a beautiful place by itself, so when you get the chance to stay in such a modern apartment and have amazing lunch shops around it just adds to the allure.

8. January 21, 2018 / 4:34 pm

What a beautiful looking place to stay. I love the idea of heated floors, especially in winter and that food starter hamper is amazing. I don’t know why I haven’t made it to Cambridge yet, this makes me want to get there soon!!

9. January 24, 2018 / 10:36 am

What a gorgeous place for a getaway! It’s amazing that we have so many on-the-doorstep places to visit here in the UK.

10. February 12, 2018 / 11:16 pm

Great post! I want to go there! Check out MillionaireMob.com for the best free travel tips.

11. February 13, 2018 / 2:55 am

What a wonderful way to celebrate Valentines. When you’re in UK, you really don’t have to go far to find a great Valentine destination. 🙂

12. February 13, 2018 / 5:53 am

Oh lovely! I’ve never been to Cambridge but having an apartment where you can feel at home – not just like a guest – is such a great thing to have (even more so in winter…).

Thank you for putting Citystay on my radar!

Happy continued travels!
    C

• February 14, 2018 / 12:37 pm

Hopefully we are now on your radar for all future trips to Cambridge and we look forward to welcoming you soon Carola!!

Thanks

Declan

13. February 13, 2018 / 5:09 pm

The really go out all to make their guests fell welcomed. When you pair that with the beautiful apartment citystay apartments look like a really great value!

• February 14, 2018 / 12:36 pm

We just love taking care of our guests, next time you are in Cambridge you can find out…

Thanks

Declan – Citystay

14. February 13, 2018 / 7:13 pm

This apartment is literally nicer than the actual house that I live in and I absolutely love how City Stay even equipped your cupboards out with food like biscuits and bread I think that is so kind of them to create a complimentary welcome package. Plus I have never had the chance to visit Cambridge and I have always wanted to, as it is a beautiful city full of culture and education.

• February 14, 2018 / 12:35 pm

Ana,

We would love to welcome you sometime. Check out our website http://www.citystayuk.com and come and stay with us next time you are in Cambridge.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Declan – Citystay

15. February 13, 2018 / 10:20 pm

I love this apartment. It is beautifully decorated and looks great. Of course, a plus is when the host makes you feel like at home. A great way to spend the Valentine.

• February 14, 2018 / 12:38 pm

Thanks Irena, we do love to make sure our guests have the best experiences when they stay with us!

Declan – Citystay

16. February 14, 2018 / 5:10 am

This reminds me a bit of an Airbnb my husband and I stayed in over the summer. I couldn’t believe how well stocked it was and it was nice to stay in a place with lots of room. Cambridge looks like such a wonderful place to explore. We live really close to a large university and, while it’s nothing as magical as where you were, there are definitely lots of cool places to get lost. So glad you had a wonderful time. Wishing you guys a very happy Valentine’s Day! x