No.4 Benissa Alicante

No.4 Benissa is the perfect little boutique residence located in the heart of the Costa Blanca.

The hotel has been built and created by Charles & Aleks, Fashion Designers & Architects from London & Poland. Their passion for interiors and design is reflected throughout this totally unique hidden beauty – It really is one of a kind. I have never seen anything like it!

I flew here in just under 2.5 hours from Doncaster Sheffield Airport. You can read all about how easy my airport experience was here: https://travelthroughlife.co.uk/2017/05/30/doncaster-sheffield-airport/

Charles kindly arranged to pick me up from Alicante Airport and we arrived at No.4 Benissa within the hour, as soon as I arrived I was completely blown away by the design and the decor in the reception area. How many hotels can you say you have been too, where you are greeted by two bronzed tigers!?

They really have created this boutique residence perfectly. From the luxurious marble staircase to the beautiful laid-back patio area to enjoy a coffee in the morning, they have it all just right.

There are 4 rooms here; The Blue Room, The Patio Room, The Arabesque Room & The Moroccan Suite. I stayed in the Moroccan Suite for 2 nights.  It is so beautiful, it has such a romantic and cosy feel, I didn’t want to leave the room! I was travelling alone on this trip so having the entire Moroccan Suite (with the comfiest king size bed!) to myself has certainly spoilt me.

The Moroccan Suite is super spacious, with an impressive bathroom featuring authentic Spanish tiles, walk in wet room, his and hers sinks and an incredible view overlooking Benissa’s quirky streets.

Charles is also an aspiring chef, meaning the breakfast offerings here are perfect! They have choices for everyone.

If you would like something cooked a certain way, Charles & Aleks will do everything they can for you! They source everything fresh and locally and they also make as much as they can by hand.

They offer a traditional Benissa breakfast; including tomato, salsa, manchego cheese, serrano ham, olive oil and roasted garlic paste. Alternatively, if you are feeling sweet you can opt for freshly baked mini pastries with homemade jam and local honey. I opted for the granola & yoghurt on my first morning and fresh avocado, feta cheese with onion chutney on my second morning. Both were so full of flavour and absolutely delicious! Who knew avocado and onion chutney would taste so good!

No.4 Benissa is in a really good location. Benissa is a traditional Spanish town oozing charm, it will keep you entertained for a few hours for sure, especially if there is a fiesta in town!  I spent a couple of hours walking around exploring the narrow streets and turning corners to find beautifully decorated balconies and chalk drawings along the pavements. They have a real sense of community here, I totally fell in love with the place!

I would certainly recommend hiring a car as it means you can explore quickly and is much better value than local taxis. There are so many beaches to explore but also the mountains if you are more adventurous, all within an hour’s drive away!

I had 24 hours to explore as much of the surrounding area as I could and I think I did pretty well! Firstly, I took a taxi to Calpe (17 Euros, 20 minutes) which is a pretty little beach area with a nice walk way to explore. There are some lovely spots for some tapas and of course a rioja!

Close to Calpe you can also explore Cala Fuestera Beach which is a little quieter and less touristy, I also went to Moraira Beach and to Denia Town to have a look around – I managed to squeeze quite a bit in!

I would love to go back and take a trip to Valencia, which is only around an hour away too!

Have you ever been to Calpe, Moraira, Denia, Alicante or Benissa? Do you live close to Doncaster Sheffield Airport, would you love to travel here? Say Hello if so! Let me know what you think, I would love to hear from you!

Viajes Felices (Happy Travels!)

….Hannah xo

1. Claire
    May 30, 2017 / 8:58 pm

This hotel looks so cute! I wouldn’t think there could be anything so pretty so close to Benidorm ha ha!

2. Michaela Quinn
    May 31, 2017 / 9:16 pm

Ah Hannah I love your Blog! This hotel looks gorgeous and well done for getting out and doing it on your own!

May 31, 2017 / 9:17 pm

Ahhhh thanks babes! I had such a lovely time. It’s very pretty in Benissa that’s for sure. Hope you’re all good…✨

3. Nicolette
    July 3, 2017 / 1:13 pm

Benissa is such a lovely place for holidays or to live, reading your blog made me again proud to live in such a nice area. You mentioned just a few things to do but we have a lot to offer. Beach as well as mountain and of course a very rich local kitchen. Did you try some of our local specialities like coca con mullador (small pizza with tomato, onion and aubergine) or putxero de pulpo, a rich kind of soup with many vegetables/legumes and I think you call it sepia. If you return you should contact my son to learn more about the rich history of this area

July 3, 2017 / 2:13 pm

Ohhh no I didn’t, that sounds amazing! I’d love to come back at some point to try all of these specialities – They sound amazing. It really is such a magical place, I loved it!

4. November 26, 2017 / 6:47 am

Wow such a lovely place for vacation I love it

5. December 11, 2017 / 11:59 pm

Is this the real name of the place? THE PERFECT LITTLE BOUTIQUE RESIDENCE?

December 12, 2017 / 12:03 am

It’s called “No.4 Benissa” (Its in Alicante, Spain)

6. Tiffany
    December 12, 2017 / 3:20 am

Wow! This is amazingly beautiful!!!!

7. December 21, 2017 / 4:22 pm

Now, this is my idea of heaven it all looks absolutely amazing. From the decor and the white beaches. You look so at home on the beach x

8. hannah wood
    December 21, 2017 / 6:25 pm

Never been to COSTA BLANCA it does look like such a good place to visit form your post and lots to do too.

9. December 22, 2017 / 12:27 am

Oh my what an absolutely stunning place to get to stay, I’m not sure I would ever want to leave, I mean the place itself is gorgeous and then you have the beach and the cute little streets with hearts in the air WOW.

10. December 22, 2017 / 8:09 am

The hotel and scenery looks amazing especially the interior design of the hotel. Loving it so much, hope you enjoyed it too.

11. December 22, 2017 / 8:47 am

The decor has a very Moroccan feel doesn’t it, but it does look fresh comfy and clean

12. December 22, 2017 / 9:57 am

Wow that hotel looks amazing, so unique with design and it’s so nice that they picked you up from the airport x

13. December 22, 2017 / 3:58 pm

What a stunning looking boutique hotel! No4 Benissa looks like my perfect image of somewhere I would love to stay. Literally the hotel room of my dreams!

14. December 22, 2017 / 6:15 pm

Oh my gosh I’m in love! I’ve got serious tile envy now.. is that even a thing?! What a beautiful hotel!

15. Hannah
    December 22, 2017 / 11:53 pm

This looks like a great hotel. I love the decot

16. December 23, 2017 / 10:28 am

This is the most beautiful hotel ever. I love it.

17. December 23, 2017 / 3:05 pm

What a beautiful place. The colour scheme looks so tranquil. I would love to visit. I could do with a peaceful break from the Christmas preparations!

18. Hannah
    December 23, 2017 / 3:18 pm

This place looks insane! The hotel is stunning – it makes me want to visit x

19. December 23, 2017 / 8:12 pm

Wow that apartment looks amazing! So luxurious! I’m going to bookmark this as this looks like the perfect place to stay with my hubby next summer.

20. December 24, 2017 / 2:01 am

This looks stunning and so spacious! Wow! It looks like the perfect place to take your partner for a getaway!

21. December 24, 2017 / 7:11 pm

What a beautiful place to visit, the apartment looks spacious and well furnished

22. December 28, 2017 / 4:27 pm

Oh, wow! The hotel looks stunning. I want to visit Alicante again in the near future, so I’ll definitely keep it in mind 🙂

Louise x

23. Dannii
    December 29, 2017 / 10:16 am

What a beautiful place to stay. I love how bright and white everything is and those tiles are amazing.

24. December 29, 2017 / 4:36 pm

Wow! This place looks a perfect place for vacation. I will love to visit here someday with my family.

25. December 29, 2017 / 9:33 pm

That hotel looks stunning and Alicante is such a gorgeous place. My Mum actually lived in Orihuela for a good few years. Such a beautiful place.

26. January 3, 2018 / 1:17 pm

Oh wow it looks absolutely gorgeous – I love the colours and design. I could definitely see myself staying here – so chic!