Autumn Escape in Lake Lugano

⇻ Parco San Marco Lifestyle Beach Resort ⇺

This chic resort is perfectly nestled in-between Lake Como & Lake Lugano. It is just 12km from Menaggio in Italy & 14km from Lugano in Switzerland making it the perfect spot to explore two insanely beautiful Lakes!

I flew from London Luton to Milan MXP for £35.  You all know how much I love a bargain flight! You can find out how I find cheap flights quickly here:

The train links in Italy are so easy, we spent a couple of days in Como & Tremezzo before heading to Parco San Marco for two nights, It is really easy to reach via train or bus, the bus stop (Cima) Is directly outside the entrance to the resort.

Firstly, what an amazing greeting I had from the hotel staff! They are really friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I swiftly checked in, dropped my bags and prepared to explore…

From the minute I arrived I had a great sense of excitement, especially after seeing the incredible mountain views.  Each corner you turn, you will experience picturesque scenes which will truly take your breath away!

Without a doubt, the most amazing views can be found from the highest point in the resort, the Buddha Pavillion. It’s the perfect place to soak up the panoramic mountain views in the most peaceful and relaxing surroundings.

You can also arrange to have your dinner up here, sipping champagne by candlelight…Yes please!

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! The suites are so spacious with a luxury contemporary feel.  I was so lucky, my suite featured a huge balcony with the most perfect Lake Lugano views….Imagine waking up to this view every day!

SUITES: See more

There are plenty of activities to keep you entertained too, there are hiking trails, adventure climbing, Nordic walking, cycle paths, watersports, paragliding, horse riding & so much more

…They even have their own zoo!

Parco San Marco has 5 different elegant restaurants to choose from, which leaves you spoilt for choice!

They even offer Cookery Classes, which includes preparing a four-course Italian meal in a beautiful setting on the outdoor terrace of La Masseria.

I ate in ‘La Terrezza’ Restaurant, which is the adult’s only option. The food is absolutely incredible. They have so many different options and they are great at catering for dietry needs. I noticed on the menu they have great offerings for Vegetarians, Vegans and Gluten Free.

FOOD: See more

One of the things that attracted me to Parco San Marco is the location.  It’s the perfect place to explore both Italy & Switzerland. There are so many places to explore with such easy transport links.

If you love to go on adventures as much as me, I would definitely recommend visiting Monte Brè in Switzerland, it’s easy to get to from Parco San Marco & it’s really close to Lugano town too.

It was a little misty when I climbed, but still the views are insane!

Cadenabbia in Italy is also a short bus ride away, I hiked to San Martino church which took around 1 hour to reach the top, It was pretty steep but totally worth it to see these views overlooking Bellagio! Lake Como has lots of hidden gems, it’s very easy to reach from Parco San Marco via bus and it’s cheap too, only around 4 Euros!

Any Questions? Let me know, I am happy to help!

See you soon

Hannah x

1. Colin Hardwell
    October 24, 2017 / 9:48 pm

I’ve been thinking about a trip to the Italian lakes for a while, I’ve never known where to stay! This seems perfect for me with the kids. So much to see and do, but still quite relaxed. I’ll have a look, thanks!

October 24, 2017 / 9:50 pm

Hi Colin, Oh yes! You should. There’s loads to do for families yet it’s the perfect location to explore and experience the Italian/Swiss lifestyles. The resort has so much on offer, they have kids clubs too (I didn’t use them travelling as adults, but they looked very fun, loads of activities for the kids too!) if you need any help let me know. Happy to help with bus/train routes etc!

2. Steph Bowes
    October 26, 2017 / 12:33 pm

The food looks incredible!

3. November 25, 2017 / 11:41 am

Thank you so much for putting where I can get those cheap flights from. My sister and I have been dying to go on a little vacation. Thanks so much!

4. December 8, 2017 / 12:48 pm

Oh my god! All these places look amazing and i am not lying but i really got the goosebumps while looking over everything you visited. Its amazing how diverse the world is, the nature, the way they build the houses… its just amazing! Keep on traveling, your posts are really worth reading!

5. Heidi
    December 14, 2017 / 12:29 am

Wow! It looks so gorgeous there! Love all the beautiful mountains and greenery. 🙂

6. Kelechi Uzoegwu
    December 14, 2017 / 12:36 am

I would love to travel to Europe especially Italy! So lucky!

7. December 14, 2017 / 2:07 am

Wowww!! Those photos are absolutely mindblowing! Loveeee it so much!

8. December 14, 2017 / 2:13 am

I’ve never been to Italy or Switzerland both this destination looks perfect to explore both. I will keep this place in mind for future travels. I love your photos and how you described your visit. Great blog!

9. December 14, 2017 / 2:33 am

What camera did you use? I love the shots tho hehe

10. Aimee
    December 14, 2017 / 5:40 am

spectacular photos! You’ve given me some serious wanderlust.

11. December 14, 2017 / 9:17 pm

This place looks amazing and directly from a fairytale!

12. December 17, 2017 / 11:47 pm

Wow 5 restaurants, you really are spoilt for those this does sound like a wonderful place to visit. Loving the scenery.

13. December 18, 2017 / 4:44 am

Wow, this looks amazing! True paradise! I want to go somewhere completely relaxing on my next holiday.

14. December 18, 2017 / 12:42 pm

You’re right the Italian trains are so easy to navigate and great. And wow those views are stunning x

15. December 18, 2017 / 6:01 pm

Oh how beautiful! I really want to go to Italy and the Italian lakes look amazing! I’m very jealous!

16. December 18, 2017 / 8:34 pm

This is a dream destination of mine – would really love to go to Lake Como. Think my husband wants to time with the Monza F1 race though lol 🙂

17. December 19, 2017 / 2:07 pm

I have been wanting to go travelling more next year so I really love the sound of cheap holidays to Milan for £35. I am on a budget so I definitely need cheap flights! An escape to Lake Luguano sounds incredible!

18. December 19, 2017 / 4:27 pm

Parco San Marco looks dreamy…like the perfect place to escape.

19. December 19, 2017 / 6:25 pm

What beautiful views, the scenery is spectacular and I would not mind waking up to those amazing views.

20. December 24, 2017 / 5:30 am

This looks so beautiful! The views are absolutely stunning, looks like paradise to me!

21. December 27, 2017 / 7:01 pm

My husband and I are planning a trip to the lakes; although we were thinking about hiring a car (or maybe even a camper van) and touring around for a week or two. I’ll definitely bookmark Lake Lugano as one of our pitstops!

C x

22. February 5, 2018 / 8:17 pm

thanks for the beautiful photos. I enjoyed it as if I were there

23. February 8, 2018 / 11:23 pm

Wow this is an absolute dreamy destination! I’ve never had the pleasure of going but will be adding it to my bucket list for sure. The hotel you stayed at looks amazing too.